2021 Modified CLFHA Outdoor Season
Posted by Astros Field Hockey Club on Jun 24 2021 at 10:57PM PDT in 2021 Outdoor
Hooray!! We’re playing again … with other people and umpires and mosquitoes and everything!
CLFHA MODIFIED LEAGUE FORMAT FOR 2021
- There will 2 divisions this summer.
- For Division I, weekly games will be held on Tuesday evenings.
- For Division II, weekly games will be held on Monday evenings + some Wednesday evenings if the Monday falls on a stat holiday/long weekend.
- We are reserving a couple of Wednesday evenings in late August in case there are weather-related events early in this shortened modified season.
- The season will be July and August (proposed start date is the week of July 5th) with a possibility of continuing through to mid-September, provided that FHA will similarly extend the timeframe for membership/insurance per below.
MANDATORY INSURANCE FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS VIA FHA/FHC MEMBERSHIP
- Link for Membership – https://www.rampregistrations.com/login?v3=a71e044b
- Usually effective from September 1st – August 31st. There are some updates for this year:
- For current FHC registrants (i.e. anyone who has purchased a membership through FHA’s Ramp for 2020-21, or who buys one from now until June 30, 2021, their registration is valid until Oct. 31, 2021
- This is for the FHC portion of your membership fee.
- FHA is currently discussing and reviewing and may/would have to make the same or similar decision to extend the membership.
- From a risk management perspective to ensure a safe return to the sport, players may only play in either Division I or Division II this summer.
- Goalies may play for other teams in the same division.
- Players are able to sub on other teams in the same division if that team is short of a full team (fewer than 10 field players).
- Umpires may umpire for either division.
- Masks are not required while playing or on the bench, but are required when not playing (coming to or leaving the pitch).