News and Announcements
We are excited to launch our 2nd annual Astros U12/U14/U17 Preseason Boot Camp in April to kick off the upcoming spring junior field hockey season.
- North Dome at the VIPER DOME, 2221 Crowchild Tr. NW
- Google “Absolute Baseball Academy”
- East/NE side of the McMahon Stadium parking lot (on the Crowchild Tr. side, just across from Stadium Nissan).
- April 10th, 12th, 16th, and 18th from 7pm – 9pm
AGE/SKILL LEVEL GROUPS
- “NEW” (as the name implies … for those who are brand-new to field hockey),
- “LEARN” (for our youngest group who have at least one season under their belts),
- “PRACTICE” (for our intermediate age and skill group),
- “PER-FECT” (for our oldest age group and/or athletes who can perform basic skills consistently and with less instruction)
Also, the *2018 CJP Spring Program Registration link is now open on the Field Hockey Alberta website. Astros/Maroons will again practice on WEDNESDAYS and Astros will again practice on THURSDAYS.
- CJP U18 Teams – http://fieldhockey.ab.ca/get-involved/register/u18-co-ed-league-registration/
- CJP U12/U14 Teams – http://fieldhockey.ab.ca/get-involved/register/u14-cjp-registration/
Please find the 2017 CLFHA Annual General Meeting (AGM) Notice and Proxy attached.
Please ensure to bring any completed proxies to the AGM for quorum confirmation.
CALGARY LADIES’ FIELD HOCKEY ASSOCIATION
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2017
REPSOL SPORT CENTRE, RIVERVIEW ROOM
STARTING AT 6:30 PM
The document CLFHA-AGM2017-NoticeandProxyForm-Astros_Club.docx was attached to this post.
To register, email the following information to CLFHA Administrator (email@example.com)
• Contact Phone #
• Indoor Team
INDOOR RE-CERTIFICATION CLINIC – Attend Part 1
Indoor umpires whose certification is expiring should register for a PART 1
INDOOR CERTIFICATION CLINIC (Part 1 and 2)
PART 1: Tuesday, October 16, 2017 … 6:30pm – 9:30pm (with breaks)
PART 2: Thursday,October 18, 2017 … 6:30pm – 9:30pm (with breaks)
PART 1: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 … 6:30pm – 9:30pm (with breaks)
PART 2: Thursday, January 18, 2018 … 6:30pm – 9:30pm (with breaks)
WHERE: 4303 – 11 St. SE
HOW MUCH: $50 (Payable to CLFHA)
Umpire Shirt: $40 (Payable to CLFHA)
Course Conductor: Keely Dunn
• Rules & interpretations
• Knowledge of the game
• What makes a good umpire?
• Video footage
• Become a more effective umpire
• Q & A
2. Written Exam:
• Exam is sent by email (open book) and examinees have 7 days to return it however they see fit
• Course Conductors will send as .DOC. which they will mark(up) them and send back
3. Field Assessment
• You will be scheduled or can request opportunities to shadow experienced umpires
• Then you will umpire with an experienced umpire or umpire-coach shadowing you
• Then you work with the League Coordinator and an Assessor to schedule a field assessment
• You get paid retroactive to the beginning of the season for games where you umpired (i.e. blow the whistle)
• It’s rewarding, challenging and fun / helps you understand more about hockey
• You give back to the sport / become certified and get paid
The Astros Club will reimburse our umpires for the cost of the clinic once you complete your certification