Astros U18 Spring Tour - Reminders and Updates
Just a couple of days to go!
There are a few last minute changes and reminders:
1) WE ARE NOW STAYING IN LANGLEY! Sharon was able to secure a cheaper rate, and according to our bus driver a more convenient location, at the the Days Inn & Suites in Langley (20250 Logan Ave).
2) There is an updated itinerary and packing list on Teampages: https://teampages.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/164932/ASTROS_FIELD_HOCKEY_CLUB.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=0MADWNHT7KBQHYNHHQR2&Expires=1491418878&Signature=6udAk56yHOAlCiI%2FqCnuvTB6CB0%3D. Please note that there are now 4 games instead of 5, and that some of the game times have changed (game 5 at 9:30am on Sunday morning is actually game 4).
If for any reason you are unable to access our team on Teampages.com (http://www.teampages.com/teams/796451-Astros-U18-Tour-field-hockey-team-website), please let us know!
3) Although we had asked that you bring some spending money to buy lunch on Friday, we are now asking that you bring a lunch as restaurant choices are very limited in the Abbotsford airport. Some snacks would be a good idea, too.
4) It is preferred that you only bring carry-on luggage. However, if you plan on checking a bag you are responsible for checking that bag and you must bring enough money to cover the cost of checking the bag BOTH DIRECTIONS.
5) If any of you use laundry pods (i.e. Tide pods), could you send a couple? We’re hoping to do wash the uniforms at some point.
I likely won’t be at practice tonight (Brooke is bringing Avery’s jersey), so please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Below is the information from the email that was sent out last Friday, so that you have them both together.
BOARDING PASS – The name on your boarding pass must match your ID (with legal name). If you go by a name other than what’s on your ID, please notify me ASAP so that I can change your name with Westjet (i.e. you don’t go by your full name or your legal name).
CARRY-ON LUGGAGE – You have all been asked to bring carry-on only. Here’s a link with an explanation as to what is acceptable https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/travel-info/baggage/carry-on. If you need to check a bag you will be responsible for the cost of doing so. All the sticks will go in one bag, so don’t worry about having to fit that in your carry-on bag.
ITINERARY – There is an itinerary and a pack list on the U18 touring team Teampages website under “DOCUMENTS”. You do have to access this from a computer as the page won’t open on a mobile device. This list includes the laundry bag that Sharon mentioned at practice last Monday.
UNIFORMS – Uniform Top, BLACK Skort/Skirt, RED & BLACK Socks. All players will receive a pair of red socks as part of their uniform; you may purchase a pair of black socks from Joanne if you need.
DIETARY RESTRICTIONS – Please let me know ASAP if you have any dietary restrictions that weren’t mentioned on your medical form.
See you at the Westjet Domestic area at 10:45am Friday morning!!
Holly Van Oosten
Manager – 2017 U18 Astros Touring Team